Create your personalized Sea Wave Effect!
- The ideal kit for creating cup coasters, geodes, “Ocean Art” style paintings and artistic coatings of all kinds, creating a natural sea wave effect.
- The “Ocean Art” KIT includes colours, pigments, additives and a non-toxic powder that reacts with wet epoxy resins by repelling itself away, thereby stimulating movement in concentric outward circles and waves.
- Creates cells and waves in resin art
- Safe & user-friendly
- Non-toxic & non-flammable
- Zero-VOC formula with no harsh chemical ingredients, solvents or alcohol-based ink
- Ideal for Ocean Resin Art
The “Ocean Art” KIT includes:
- “Colorfun Deluxe” white colouring paste
- “Colorfun Deluxe” Blue colouring paste
- “Colorfun Deluxe” True Green colouring paste (Gradient green)
- “Pebeo” Turquoise Semitransparent liquid pigment
- “Magic Drops Small” liquid additive
- “Irimetall” Rich Gold Metallic pigment
How to use:
- Prepare about 300 gr [0,66 lb] of resin and, after mixing it well, divide it into 7 parts.
- Colour each part with the different pigments included in the kit (blue, opal green, white, turquoise, rich gold).
- Then use the “Pebeo” Turquoise pigment with two small glasses, and proceed as follows:
pour a drop in the first glass and 2/3 in the second. In this way you will be able to perfectly recreate the sea-depth effect, giving an increasingly darker shade depending on the distance from the point where you will paint the coast.
- Then pour the darker resin in the farthest point from the “shore” (which you can create with a piece of wood or with sand) approaching the “coast” with increasingly transparent resin. In this way you will get a more gradual colouring that will give your creation the depth effect. Now apply the sand or wood, securing them with a layer of transparent resin.
- With the white pigment, draw thin lines in the shape of a wave which you will then “inflate” using a hairdryer or a straw.
- Then apply the golden pigment on the “sand” to give a final touch and shine.
- At this point, touch up your resin with “Magic Drops SMALL” by mixing it with the white pigment and applying it on the resin surface by pouring or dripping.
- Remove any residues or greasiness with alcohol or acetone, once the resin has catalysed.
- To get the best effect, we recommend to use “Art Pro” or “Art Pro Deluxe” epoxy resin (high viscosity).